May 3, 2012

On the air (by David Lynch)

I never knew Lynch had shot TV series except for "Twin Peaks". But he did.
"On the air" is a sitcom by this fabulous director, filmed in 1992 and telling about the 1950's.
Honestly, I couldn't have imagined a sitcom by Lynch. I've seen only the first episode so far, but I'm going to proceed.
The plot is rather simple - a TV company is trying to put on a live program "The Lester Guy Show", but everything that can go wrong does go wrong. So they have lots of comical troubles, but in the end it's a hit, as their chief tells them by phone.
Of course, the air is full with oddity so characteristic of Lynch. It can be felt mainly in the details, but they are the basis of the whole show. Traditional gags turn into illustrations of absurdity of our life.
So, I'm looking forward to seeing the rest episodes.

No comments:

Post a Comment