March 20, 2012

St. Patrick's parade

I used to celebrate St. Patrick's day a few years ago, and in Moscow there was always a parade, it took place since 1992, actually. They always blocked the traffic on one of the streets in the center of Moscow, and it never surprised me.
It was such fun participating in the parade, and I loved it. But after some time I became more passive and began to celebrate at home or with a couple of friends. And this year I've been disappointed to learn that our government doesn't allow to hold a parade on the street that has to be blocked any more. Last year there was no parade at all, and this year it was organised on a relatively small pedestrian street.
So people here, in Moscow, are no longer interested in this joyful holiday. That's a bit frustrating.

No comments:

Post a Comment